Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Back Stories: It all started out as a joke.... Drive for the Datsun Pt. 1

My first piece venture into Imports. Like most good things this story started with a venture onto that great website known as Craigslist. I'm not sure where my love for small japanese cars started but for some reason my freshman year of college decided to be when the idea of owning one became a reality. For years I had cruised CL looking for a fun little car, and once I thought I had found it. A Datsun 510 Station wagon, it was powder blue, clean inside and out. Unfortunately that was back when I was still running around in the Lincoln and had no money to my name. So it never happened, then a few years passed, I graduated Jr College, worked some and then found myself down at school doing it again. Searching CL for that oddball car company agin, Datsun. But this time I found it, er well them. It was an add for a pair of 510's for sale down in the ever so close, Fort worth, Texas lol. Of course they'd be over ten hours away, and like that I wrote it off. Or so I thought I did, my friends knew I had been looking around for a project car and just happened to ask if I had found anything promising lately. For the sake of conversation I brought up the 2 510's in Texas not expecting what happened next. "Well I get out of class at 5 on friday..." And with that it was decided, the trip for the Datto's was a reality. Completely dumbstruck that my friends were willing to go drive 10hrs and tow a car back from Texas, I didn't even know how to react. Except freak out since this was, well, insane!



No comments:

Post a Comment